Got Scammed

SONYGAUD
Contributor
Contributor
I have posted ad on olx then a user asked me to contact through mail I and he said that he has transferred money through his Paypal account to my paypal account and requested me to pay 18000 rupees to his agent for insurance fee and shipping charges. I transferred 18000 to the agent but still not received payment from him. I also got to know that it was scam now I don't have any idea on how to get my money back from him. He also shared the successful transaction payment but in my account I can't see even a single transaction there is nothing then in this situation what I need to do please help me to get my money back from him.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SONYGAUD 

Sorry, you did not get paid. How did you transfer the 18000 rupees to the agent for insurance and shipping, then? Through PayPal? Through the bank? Whoever you used to transfer the 18000 is who you need to contact to get this money back, if at all possible.

PayPal cannot do anything about this money that the guy is supposed to pay you through PayPal since no money has been sent to your PayPal account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

SONYGAUD
Contributor
Contributor
But that user is saying that i can't cancel transaction I have sent you money to your PayPal. He is not replying me I got to know from olx that this user banned and he is fraud.i am not getting help from anyone. I also contacted to my bank to reverse the transaction.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.