Got Scammed of $1500 Paypal Funds. Please Help!

ctecsols
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All, firstly I'll like to introduce myself. My name is Christopher <removed>, I am a fiverr freelance Web designer. Recently I made withdraw of my fiverr earnings into my PayPal account and decided to get my funds converted into my local currency which is Naira. I was contacted by someone who claimed to be a currency exchanger and agreed to send me the equivalent of $1500 in Naira to my local bank account once I sent the funds into his PayPal account. Only for me to get scammed by the user. I opened a dispute but he paypal denied my claim stating they don't offer protection for that kind of service. Please I beg you all to help me recover my funds from this scammer. I worked very hard for my money. I have opened a new case hoping PayPal will respond in my favour this time. I have all evidence and screenshots to provide prove my case. Case ID: PP-I-15313705 Transaction ID: 6F543704U5038951U

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi ctecsols, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum! 

From the dispute ID provided, you have reported this transaction to us as unauthorized. An unauthorized transaction is when a third party accesses your PayPal account, and makes a payment without your knowledge or authorization. As you made this payment yourself, there would be no evidence of unauthorized activity, and the claim will be denied. Please reach out to the merchant to request a refund. 

- Siobhan  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.