Goods and Services

Lurahe68
Contributor
Contributor

I am a seller using goods and services trying to sell a pair of shoes internationally. I received the email that he sent me the money but it won’t go through until I sent a valid tracking number back to that email. So I sent the package and then sent the tracking number back to that email. That was 3 days ago and I have not recieved the money or any sort of confirmation that the money is coming. I’m wondering if I did anything wrong or will the money eventually arrive.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lurahe68

This is a typical scam ..................

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lurahe68

This is a typical scam ..................

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lurahe68
Contributor
Contributor
Oh I’m sorry. I forgot to reply to you but this did help me a lot. Thanks
Login to Me Too

Bigd89
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I recently sent an iPhone away and sent it first class recorded delivery.. and then they said there was an error with their account that’s PayPal ad taken out more than the actual price. And I’m sitting here with no funds and no way to track or reclaim my item. Is there anyway of getting a claim or something... thanks.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bigd89 

Did you read my post above re the scam????

No funds in your paypal balance = you have not been paid, even if pending it would show in your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Johnmiles
Contributor
Contributor

My paypal hold over 10000,why my paypal balance negative.Why paypal doesn't debited the money through the hold money?

Login to Me Too

Bigd89
Contributor
Contributor
Can I claim through the Royal Mail as I have a receipt for the tracking and a screen shot of the messages and the person that signed for it? Thanks.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bigd89 

Sorry but what would you claim for as the item didn't get lost in the post did it?

If the person is in the same country as you then you could legally pursue them maybe but normally these scams work by making you send the item internationally?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PWilson6

THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

I was concerned about selling my product over this as it was £1000, to me this is a huge amount of money, to most on here it seems small haha.

Reading through your reply here was literally like reading word for word this guy's script to me, even down to the email. Almost word for Word.

I was getting frustrated with having no luck in regards to finding what to do and how to find the funds and if it's a legit transaction, moments away from just going down and paying postage and risking it. Thankfully finding this you've saved me a good awful moment.

Many thanks, you're a diamond.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.