Full name needed to receive money

Jerzeyjenn
Contributor
Contributor
For someone to send me money its telling them to enter my full name. I want it to be just email. I don't want my full known. How can I change this for security purposes. I'm NOT happy about this..
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jerzeyjenn 

Beware, could be a scam. Asking for your name so they can create some bogus, fake PayPal email confirmation to address you by name like PayPal does. The buyer does not need your name to send you a payment. PayPal email will do. Your name will appear anyway in their PayPal account activity IF they are serious and really want to pay you and indeed paid you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jerzeyjenn 

Beware, could be a scam. Asking for your name so they can create some bogus, fake PayPal email confirmation to address you by name like PayPal does. The buyer does not need your name to send you a payment. PayPal email will do. Your name will appear anyway in their PayPal account activity IF they are serious and really want to pay you and indeed paid you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.