Friends and family as buyer protection

Joshupinak
Contributor
Contributor
I’m selling a ring online and someone wants me to ship it to them and I want to make sure I’m protected so they can’t say they didn’t receive it, esp when I’m sending it certified. If I use friends and family, that makes it and all sales are final type of situation and protect me the seller right?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joshupinak wrote:
I’m selling a ring online and someone wants me to ship it to them and I want to make sure I’m protected so they can’t say they didn’t receive it, esp when I’m sending it certified. If I use friends and family, that makes it and all sales are final type of situation and protect me the seller right?

No, it does not because that only forces the buyer to file a chargeback outside of PayPal and PayPal don’t cover that on friends and family payments or decide the final outcome on chargebacks so you’re at the mercy of the buyer’s financial institution. Best to use goods and services as you are supposed to to get a fighting chance at some protection but ultimately you cannot block the buyer from trying to dispute or chargeback unless you do cash and carry.

Read about the requirements to be eligible for protection:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/seller-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joshupinak wrote:

No, it does not because that only forces the buyer to file a chargeback outside of PayPal and PayPal don’t cover that on friends and family payments or decide the final outcome on chargebacks so you’re at the mercy of the buyer’s financial institution. Best to use goods and services as you are supposed to to get a fighting chance at some protection but ultimately you cannot block the buyer from trying to dispute or chargeback unless you do cash and carry.

Read about the requirements to be eligible for protection:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/seller-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.