Fraudulent seller

Sget
New Community Member
Hi! So I purchased from what I found was a fraudulent seller using another brands exact set up for their website and brand images etc. They were approved with PayPal, and now I purchased from them and can’t get a response back. How do I go about getting my money back????
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Felicia22
New Community Member

I had the same problem and filed a dispute - PayPal looked into it and denied my claim. However this is clearly a fraudulent transaction. The delivery address is not even my address (the exact address listed is Denver, Colorado???), UPS says the sender is Amazon so could not tell me the details of the sender (I did not buy this from Amazon - I bought this from the same type of platform you are referring to, a copied site) and the fraudsters are still currently pulling the scam. I also could not get hold of the seller. Now that PayPal has denied this claim, it cannot be reopened and I can't get my money back. How is it possible that PayPal could approve such a blatantly fraudulent transaction and I have no way of appealing it or speaking to someone?

Login to Me Too

stblouin
New Community Member

I have a very similar issue. I bought an item via an ad on facebook, a massage gun for super cheap. It did seem too good to be true for a reason. After a month, I received the item, missing 5/6 of the items in the package. It was useless, no charger, no accessories. I opened a dispute, Paypal confirmed the dispute and asked me to send the item back to China to be issued a refund. I spent $70 shipping it back to China, gave Paypal the tracking info, and now it's been almost 2 months and Paypal just denied the dispute and claim claiming I never updated the tracking to them and it can't be appealed. This makes zero sense, unless Paypal has a stronger agreement in place with these fraudulent sellers and is covering them. It's ridiculous. Anyone have any idea what to do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.