Fraudulent Purchase

AJPACE
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is responsible for processing all transactions off our website.  Two times in the last two months, we've had purchases that were accepted and processed by PP, but when these charges were disputed, they close in favor of the card holder.  We did everything correctly.  PP is allowing fraudulent credit card use then forcing me to pay for their mistakes. We will be looking for a better way to go.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AJPACE 

There will be times when someone's financial info or PayPal account was used without permission and the sender will either file a PayPal dispute or a credit card chargeback with their card company. Card chargeback rulings are decided by the financial institution, not PayPal as the case will be filed against PayPal's merchant account and our accounts are "sub-accounts" and we are made liable should the payment is later reversed. Card refunds buyer, PayPal pays the card back and your account is dinged for the amount if not covered by PayPal seller protection program. Generally, if your transaction meets the basic and additional requirements on unauthorized payment chargebacks of seller protection, PayPal will reimburse you for losses.

See seller protection program terms for details:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#seller-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.