Fraud

RickPsr
Contributor
Contributor

To Whom it may concern,

My name is Ricardo <Removed>, In October I placed an ad in craigslist to sell an inverter I had. I needed to sell the inverter because I needed extra cash as I had an upcoming surgery in November. On November 11,2020 a man named Kamoru <Removed> from Brooklyn, NY came to my home to purchase the inverter. We settled on $850.00. He paid $611.00 through PayPal and the remainder in cash. He personally took the item . My son helped to load it into his car for him. Now in January I fixed a friends computer and they paid me through PayPal. I went to transfer the money to my checking account and when I went in my account I see that it is in the negative for almost $600.00. I contact PayPal to see what was up. They said that Kamoru <Removed> never received his item and that he tried to contact me and I never responded, so they are refunding him the $611.00. He never tried to contact me because he already has the item . (HE KNEW THIS) HE PICKED IT UP HIMSELF. He's a con man and scammer. I called PayPal and spoke with a few representatives and they said because he put the claim in that he does not have to provide any proof of anything. I did the appeal online and it is asking me for a tracking number.

I don't have a tracking number because HE PICKED IT UP HIMSELF.

How can I provide something I don't have because it was a person to person transaction. I've sent everything I have as proof. I have multiple phone calls from Kamoru starting October 23,2020 as he was trying to negotiate a better price. I have multiple texts from him as well . One he even sent me a screen shot of his available balance through apple credit card showing me that , that was all the money he has. Him asking for my address, him texting what time he will be here, and him texting me he is here. Now 2 months later he is putting in a claim that he never received the item. Would you wait 2 entire months if you paid $611.00 for something and never got it. I know I would be on that after a week. I am on disability and live 1 social security check to the next. This is a huge financial impact on me. This guy needs to be looked into. Phone numbers, name, address, PayPal account email address. Guaranteed he has done this before. I went to my local police department and filed a report against him for theft. Please do not refund him the money. He is a thief. PLEASE look into this matter very thoroughly. He has my item and now is going to get the cash back. I'm not letting this go until my account is credited back the cash. I'm already talking to a lawyer if I need one and will also go to the news stations.

I am the victim and he is a con man getting over on PayPal as well. Please Help Me.

Sincerely

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.