Fraud

Amyrose95
New Community Member
Hi there Has anyone been told to send payment to a courier and send the Reciept to a PayPal account before money can be released? I was sent emails from a service PayPal email is this a fraudulent email address? Find it so hard to talk to a real person. I'm worried I've sent money and won't get it back.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ciara

Hi there! 

This sounds like a very worrying situation to find yourself in. Here are a few things to note that might help you figure out of this request you received is genuine or not:

• PayPal will never advise you to send money through a service that is not ours. For example, Western union. 
  • Sometimes we will request tracking information from you to resolve a case or release a hold, but we will never ask you to send a receipt anywhere else but to PayPal.
  • Genuine PayPal emails will always address you by your first and last name, never by your email address or username etc. 
  • PayPal email addresses will always end with @paypal.com or @paypal.co.uk etc. You can check the email address that an email has been send from by clicking on 'Reply' as if you are going to write back to the email. In the 'To' field, you will see the real email address that the email was sent from. 

I hope that helps you figure out if this is a genuine PayPal request or not. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.