Fraud

Cynthia84
Contributor
Contributor
I just got charged $199 in my PayPal account from a mestores.com. It’s still pending and I never authorized this charge. I tried to file a dispute but PayPal said I can’t file on this type of transaction. $199 was taken out of my bank account and I did not make this transaction. I tried calling PayPal but they are flooded with calls so I could not get through. I don’t know what to do!
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

lauriexxx
New Community Member

I also had a charge on my account, a company called  "Shop To' I asked Paypal to look into, they said it was authorized. $278.00 taken from my account. When I asked what it was, I got crickets. They also said I can't report it again because it's closed. I did a chat and the Paypal person sent another email address to file a different claim.  I am so angry- it was so obvious. This 'Shopto" took $.01 out of my account then $278.00. The company is in Europe. I use Paypal because allegedly it is safe.

Login to Me Too

Cynthia84
Contributor
Contributor
I can’t even file a dispute because PayPal said I can’t. I don’t know what to do. I’m so upset. Did you get yours resolved?
Login to Me Too

Reddpawz
Contributor
Contributor
I just had the same exact transaction from mestore for $199 10 minutes ago. They tried using a card, but it didn’t show up in my bank account so I locked the card. Hopefully that prevents the payment from going through. Did your issue ever get resolved?
Login to Me Too

mailisf
New Community Member

I notified PAYPAL the second an unauthorized transaction appeared going to an Arab site called Mestores.com. This website is written in Arabic and no, I do not know the language. I call PayPal immediately, stayed on hold for 1.5 hours, only to be disconnected. Then I go to the Resolution Center and the webpage say: cannot process your request at this time. Then I try calling back and receive a message that says no agents are available due to high call volume and to go to the resolution center. I am clearly disputing a charge with urgency. THEY DENIED MY CASE! And I am out $101.34.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.