Fraud

Tubby4243
Contributor
Contributor
Please help I sold a gentleman a motorcycle it was on my balance yesterday but now it’s saying my money is on hold that the guy says that it was a unauthized transaction after he has the motorcycle and is no where to be found can’t PayPal protect a persons money
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tubby4243 

Sadly there is 0 paypal seller protection for any type of motor vehicle.

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, sadly however you don't have any.

Why did you not accept cash on collection?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tubby4243 

Sadly there is 0 paypal seller protection for any type of motor vehicle.

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.
If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, sadly however you don't have any.

Why did you not accept cash on collection?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.