Fraud ??

sasabcp
Contributor
Contributor
Hi ,I sell one radio on an ad. One customer got a little interested, asked a few things, and suggested they pay me the radio right away. He does not want to tell me  country or any information. He claims he has paid and I recive emails (from paypal) that I do not regret to open. I replied that Paypal balance is the only thing that matters to me. Am I right. Greeting.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @sasabcp,

Thank you for your post!

Do you see the transaction in your PayPal account summary? If there is no transaction there, then you should view those emails with suspicion. If there are transactions in your PayPal account but the balance is still zero, the payments may be subject to delayed funds availability.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @sasabcp,

Thank you for your post!

Do you see the transaction in your PayPal account summary? If there is no transaction there, then you should view those emails with suspicion. If there are transactions in your PayPal account but the balance is still zero, the payments may be subject to delayed funds availability.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

sasabcp
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, obviously it was an attempt to log on to their fake page with my password

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @sasabcp,

Thank you for coming back to let us know! I'm glad you weren't caught in a scam!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

ozi07
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to sell my phone on gumtree and I keep getting these emails saying they have transferd the money but it says nill so what I do about it it’s doing my head in and it’s a scam i think as if they put the money in the account then it would show up saying pending i thought can anyone please help me out as i’m so confused 🙏
Login to Me Too

sasabcp
Contributor
Contributor
Do nothing, be cool, you see the flow of money in your balance. These are scammers wanting you to log on to their fake page to clear your account. 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.