Fraud

Kl1121
New Community Member
I listed something under Facebook marketplace it was an engagement and wedding ring set. immediately I get a response from a lady who wants me to ship it to Florida she wants my PayPal email so she can send me the money so kind of feel like this is a scam? She didn't ask me anything about the item, l did list it thoroughly. Was just going to send 800 Dollars right away???
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kl1121 

Wow your brave listing an expensive item on Facebook and accepting Paypal, personally i would prefer cash on collection myself.

READ THIS SO YOU ARE AWARE.

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.

The ask for your email address so that they can direct any fake emails to it.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

almightythor
Contributor
Contributor

EVEN IF YOU DON'T complete the transaction this is what you can expect to deal with :

no they don't I reported fraud to that twitter account on 8/1/2020 and they haven't even replied to my message yet. When I try to report fraud in the USA it just plays a recording that the phone number is not working. When I try to send a secure message I get a reply from a foreign country that doesn't understand my email or request. I don't know why paypal hates the customers in the USA so much that they won't even give us support in our own country to report legal issues to but there are other companies out there. I tried to tell people what is happening and get this!!!:

Paypal is going through and deleting all of my social and community posts within 24 hours!! Can you believe it? They have plenty of staff for censoring free speech and whistleblowers but they have no one that can help with fraud??? 

They have not replied to my fraud case in three days, still hold part of my money, wanted to charge me to deposit the money back into my bank after they stole from me, and they have not yet got one person to call me to get the bank charges refunded. They have plenty of staff for censoring any negative comments they are right on top of it! But when it comes to fraud they all turn their back on the USA victims while the foreign customer support staff is just laughing it up and they won't even call me. It's funny that paypal is investing in censorship while they refuse to even help people that report fraud to them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.