Fraud

Secretrsl
Contributor
Contributor

I fear the most recent payment to me is fraudulent. Can the buyer cancel the payment after I send the item?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Secretrsl 

They can dispute their payment within 180 days from date of payment. In some situations, a bank payment can end up being canceled (ie through their financial institution). So, otherwise, keep that money in your account for at least that long in case there is one. If they file unauthorized payment or Item Not Received, just provide proof of delivery in the form of a tracking number to be covered under seller protection. If a SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) dispute is filed, sellers are not covered if the buyer's claim is considered not as described condition and you are required to accept a return and refund the customer upon receipt of return.

If you fear fraud or the transaction is suspicious and do not feel comfortable completing it, then the best thing is to refund the money and do not ship.

If this is an eBay sale, check their terms about canceling orders as seller can get defects for doing so unless it is reported as problem with shipping address.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Secretrsl
Contributor
Contributor

Thank for your reply.

I have also seen that the payment i have received from the buyer does NOT afford be seller protection. This is very strange as on checking payments from other eBay buyers they all do afford me seller protection. That and the fact the person has no eBay feedback and a non-standard address i think makes my mind up not to send the item and return the money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.