Fraud victim

P0lsen
New Community Member

Hi all,

Here is the story:

I rendered a service to a client (hotel service), whom paid for his stay bu using a credit card through Paypal. About a month after his stay I received a notification email from Paypal saying the charge had been disputed with his bank and that I should provide proof of that transaction. Of course I provided proper proof: registration form signed and a copy of the guest passport. A few days later I receve a notification that the bank had decided on the card holder's favor and that there was nothing else Paypal could do ?!! 

This is plain fraud and Paypal being such a huge company can't protect his own clients against fraud ?

Has anyone else been in this situation ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Nctall
Contributor
Contributor

@P0lsen 

Hello, I am sorry to hear that you have received fraudulent activity in your business, I understand this can be frustrating. The best thing to do now is to contact paypal, which you can do here, and have them continue to fight the chargeback for you. There is a team specifically for this at paypal that deals with this sort of fraud and its important that you contact them sooner rather than later. 

I hope this helped, please leave a kudo if it did. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.