Fraud that PayPal are ignoring.

onyerbikeltd
Contributor
Contributor

A buyer purchased a £300 jacket from us via eBay's global shipping programme and paid via PayPal. We sent the product with full tracking and to the correct address in order to be covered under the PayPal Seller Protection. Later the buyer opened on PayPal for '' The buyer reported a charge for a cancelled pre-approved payment. '' We do not offer pre-approved payment, subscriptions or re-occuring payments, this was a single sale transaction. We contacted PayPal who assured us to treat it as any '' item not received case '' and that we would be covered under the seller protection regardless. We provided all tracking and details needed. The case then closed in the BUYERS favour. We contacted PayPal on chat who replied with '' your buyer's financial institution have opened this case, this means PayPal are not in control of the outcome. Once a dispute of this type or any type is opened directly with the buyers bank, we have no control over the case outcome, it was escalated internally by a previous agent to our senior chargebacks team, and they have advised we cannot extend seller protection in this case. '' . The buyer received their item and their money back in this fraud case. We have escalated this to the chargeback team three times and this was our last response. '' I can see that escalation was made and our chargeback team has denied the appeal giving the reason that this chargeback was worked correctly. ''. How PayPal can let buyers get away with this is beyond me. If anyone else has had a similar event or knows of a way to get round this, please get in contact with me.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Donna

Hello onyerbikeltd,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.