Fraud companies over paypal

Patamdar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everybody,

Last couple of weeks I met few fraud Chinese companies when I order over Paypal (shipment took more 1 month, items wrong, came from different location NL, Indonesia etc), but when I ask to refund from Paypal, Paypal asked to resend such orders back to China, not from where it come.

Why I have to waste time and pay extra money to resend to fraud company (without any web site or email)? Why my order is not protected by paypal?

Or Paypal got money from fraud companies and let them continue to work over Paypal platform??

Or this is new cheating way, found by Chinese fraud companies and Paypal does not know about it?

Comment from Paypal staff is very appreciated.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Patamdar 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa... IF AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Patamdar
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Yes, agree, thanks for comment.

But this state wrote down with too small letters and this state is not a point to defend fraud companies, working under Paypal platform, especially by Paypal itself!!!

This state is doing nothing for Paypal customer's satisfaction.

In any case i suggest to all users to stop shopping under unknown shops, especially from facebook markets, even there is payment over Paypal. Paypal is not warranty that seller is not fraud company. Or logically Paypal co-operate with such fraud Chinese sellers and also getting to be a fraud company ( i hope I'm mistaken).

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Patamdar 

Yep agree there............

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.