Fraud commited by buyer then paypal supports refund despite tracking proof item was received

stevo92544
Contributor
Contributor

My story: 

June 28 2019 buyer sets up an ebay account. Purchases software license . Sent  item via email : per the tems of the listing on ebay.
Date: Friday, July 12, 2019 2:44 PM
To:
Attach: root folder windows.jpg; license_key_harrison_mixbus5.txt
Subject: Fw: Attached is your mixbus license file

Buyer receives item and write back he does not know how to use it.

buyer files claim with ebay  then closes it on the same day 

Subject: Fw: Return closed: Harrison Mixbus audio mixer software license unused ver 5.2
Page 1 of 2
7/23/2019
Here's what happened
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2019 1:17 PM
To: stevoebay1 
Subject: Return closed: Harrison Mixbus audio mixer software license unused ver 5.2
This return was closed
This return was completed on Jul 18, 2019.
Jul 18
The buyer closed the return
Reason for closing
Other
Jul 18
The buyer (lionsd-14) created a return (5121366236)
Order number
02-03540-28873
Reason for return
Doesn't match description or photos
Comments
I never received a package with Physical CD

Ad never stated it would be sent via mail. It is a text file with a serial number

Then files a claim with paypal.

Same reason.

I send him a cd with proof of tracking and paypal still returns his money.

I contact ebay and they investigate buyer and find his account is fraudulent and closes account.

We're reviewing your report

http://p

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for letting us know about a buyer who may have been violating our policies. Here's a summary of your report.

Buyer: lionsd-14

Reason: Returned an item after they opened, used, or damaged it

Comments:buyer used item then filed claim with ebay and on the same day closed the claim. Then opened a claim with paypal which was decided in their favor and never returned item. Money was deducted from paypal even after showing tracking number and email proof of delivery

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

response from ebay abour buyers account:

Suspicious buyer for item

Hello stevo991,
We had to cancel bids for the buyer, lionsd-14, because they aren't registered on eBay:
123779450130 - Harrison Mixbus audio mixer software license unused ver 5.2 

We've also made it easy to relist your item if it was removed. Although the item is no longer available in search listings, you will find it in the Sold section of My eBay. For more information, please visit:

To help you avoid this situation in the future, consider setting a Buy It Now price and requiring buyers to make an immediate payment. For more information on immediate payments, visit:

We recommend you take the following actions if this buyer won the item:
- If you haven't received payment, don't complete the sale or send the item to the buyer.
- Don't communicate with the buyer directly.
- Verify any payments you've been notified of by logging into your payment account (or other online payment service).
- If the buyer requests a refund or additional payments, don't send any money without contacting eBay first.
- If you've already sent the item, try contacting the shipping carrier to find out if you can stop shipment.

I have sent the buyer the license file via email and via usps with tracking.  Paypal still refunds buyer.  There is no seller protection at all even when you follow their terms.  Now i go the the paypal  transaction and the buyer has no address on file but when it was purchased it was shown and confirmed and it is the address i sent the cd to.

It is so evident buyer scammed me and had no intent to pay for the item and to use ebay and paypal to get his money back. 

Paypal does not read anything you send them during the dispute and you as a seller will lose the dispute every time. 

Not only was the money refunded but the item being software is not returnable and he just keeps a copy of it and will use it.

I have processed over 100.000 thru paypal over the years and now i will end my relationship with them and will never use their services again.

Paypal Wake up. You just lost a great customer over $40.00

How can paypal say they have seller protection when i followed their term every step of the way and still the dispute was in the buyers favor.

Good luck and good bye paypal hello google pay.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

did you say that you shipped to an address he provided and then when he file a dispute with paypal,he no longer has a shipping address?

Digital buyers do not have to add a shipping address as there is no physical item to ship .

So when you enter tracking and paypal bot used your tracking to see if it has been delivered to his blank address,there is no match.

his address is blank blank blank/

so look up the Paypal email which said you get cash and find what is the address you are supposed to ship to,if it is the one you used,appeal and a human being will look into it ,tell him your buyer has removed his address .

Login to Me Too

stevo92544
Contributor
Contributor

No. When he 1st purchased the software paypal had an address showing and also stated it was a confimed address. I shipped the cd to that address with a tracking number and the tracking  from usps confirmed it was delivered. see for yourself  usps 9500116195919206357661

After the dispute was over the address was removed from paypal site  and the buyers reversal  receipt now  shows( no address on file).

Current reversal on paypal
Reversal sent to Jass <removed>
July 23, 2019 at 9:38:47 PM PDT
Transaction ID: 6P640765AU408622X
Payment Status: COMPLETED

Gross amount
-$40.00 USD

We have no postal address on file

Original Purchase receipt from paypal 

Jun 28[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]PDT
Transaction ID: 7GU239759B649983Y 
You received a payment of $40.00 USD from lionsd-14
Thanks for using PayPal. You can now ship any items.To see all the transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.
It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Seller Protection - Eligible

Buyer
<removed>
lionsd-14
Note to seller
The buyer hasn't sent a note.
Shipping address - confirmed
<removed>
removed <removed>
Shipping details
You haven’t added any shipping details.
Description Unit price Qty Amount
Harrison Mixbus audio mixer software license unused ver 5.2
Item# 123779450130 $40.00 USD 1 $40.00

I will call paypal and try to give them a chance to sort it out. 

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

well,Paypal should be able to see what is his shipping address in his account.

did you go to your payment history,look up that transaction and see if the address is still there?

Login to Me Too

Brother same thing has happened with me too, I think they are not reviewing anything. There are only robots which are running PayPal as they are checking any details which are providing. I had one guy, he did refund request after 1 month of successful delivery, he just sent one message work is not finished with a refund request, and some ROBOTS refunded it without seeing anything. How can we trust it in the future?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.