Fraud - buyer protection is exploited

sammy1371
New Community Member

Currently a payment is noted in my account as a buyer (from Armenia) has opened a case on ebay.
However, this appears to be a fraudulent process. The buyer complains that the delivery is not complete and requires a return, the cost of which I have to bear.
It is not possible to send back to the buyer via Paypal, as the buyer only allows payments via his website, nor is it possible to purchase a shipping label from Germany for transport from Armenia to Germany. The buyer does not provide a valid Paypal account nor does he cooperate with the purchase of a shipping label from Armenia.
Various forums talk about the same identical fraudulent procedure. Obviously the buyer protection is abused here! As a seller, I have no opportunity to meet the buyer if he does not cooperate. That's not his goal either, because he wants to keep goods and money in the end.
I protest against this in the strongest terms. It cannot be that sellers do not get protection if they are cheated by buyers in this way. If buyers can take advantage of the so-called buyer protection so easily, this protection is worth nothing for sellers, but only brings problems and trouble.
Then you as a seller can also better do without the use of Paypal at this point.
The mere fact that buyer protection can so easily be used against honest sellers deserves to be made public. If it should come that the buyer gets goods and money awarded, I have to seriously consider whether I still further Paypal as payment system offer. And to protect my family, friends, colleagues and followers, I will advise them to do the same.
What possibilities do you see for me to access the money I am entitled to?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

jtoption
Contributor
Contributor

I need to emphasize how this issue is seriously affecting most of us as sellers of goods or services. I will agree with you that buyers have found away around the "buyer protection" policy to exploit sellers. What is trade without satisfaction from both ends of the rope. If only paypal could concentrate of developing policies that works best for both ends of the trade i.e Seller and buyer then it would be a more preferable platform to do trade and as a

@sammy1371 wrote:

Currently a payment is noted in my account as a buyer (from Armenia) has opened a case on ebay.
However, this appears to be a fraudulent process. The buyer complains that the delivery is not complete and requires a return, the cost of which I have to bear.
It is not possible to send back to the buyer via Paypal, as the buyer only allows payments via his website, nor is it possible to purchase a shipping label from Germany for transport from Armenia to Germany. The buyer does not provide a valid Paypal account nor does he cooperate with the purchase of a shipping label from Armenia.
Various forums talk about the same identical fraudulent procedure. Obviously the buyer protection is abused here! As a seller, I have no opportunity to meet the buyer if he does not cooperate. That's not his goal either, because he wants to keep goods and money in the end.
I protest against this in the strongest terms. It cannot be that sellers do not get protection if they are cheated by buyers in this way. If buyers can take advantage of the so-called buyer protection so easily, this protection is worth nothing for sellers, but only brings problems and trouble.
Then you as a seller can also better do without the use of Paypal at this point.
The mere fact that buyer protection can so easily be used against honest sellers deserves to be made public. If it should come that the buyer gets goods and money awarded, I have to seriously consider whether I still further Paypal as payment system offer. And to protect my family, friends, colleagues and followers, I will advise them to do the same.
What possibilities do you see for me to access the money I am entitled to?

source of money exchange. But as at the moment then it looks like sellers are better off without paypal. Buyers can now do trade with each other. But for the sellers i must caution you that we are at an edge of loosing everything we own to the buyers. Take precautions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.