Fraud Buyer Scam

Lastcabin
Contributor
Contributor
Buyer paid for an item on 3rd July. I shipped out item on 4th July. Shipping takes 10-14 working days. Buyer file for item not received on 10th July. Sent multiple emails to buyer but he didn’t revert at all. He escalate the claims to PayPal on 11th and PayPal decides on case in favour of buyer on 12th. A few pointers 1. Why did PayPal not wait for shipping details to be updated since item requires 10-15 days shipping 2. Since buyer do not reply to my emails, did a search on his mailing address - 700 carpenters crossing bww ste 1096839 , the first few results on this address are used by scammers. Buyers chargeback! So obviously I’m in line to be scammed 3. I don’t understand why PayPal can make a decision so fast without waiting for the item to be shipped?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @Lastcabin,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. Our claims process is an arbitration service we offer to help resolve disagreements between buyers and sellers, but as you can imagine, it's extremely difficult for us to reach a decision that satisfies all parties. We deal with all cases objectively and with the intention of making a fair decision based on verifiable information which is available at the time. We do check the tracking information to confirm the delivery of the item. If the item has been delivered, you may appeal your case. You have 10 days to appeal if new information is presented. Go to your Resolution Centre and under 'Resolution Centre Cases' select Closed cases in the drop-down menu and find the claim. Under 'Action', click Appeal and provide the additional information. Once you have done it the case will go into the review.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Lastcabin
Contributor
Contributor
1. Appeal button had been used once immediately without new information but just for me to appeal and decision remains the same ( probably without new info ) . As of now no more appeal button 2. I’m sure shipping would be done within the next 10 days but I did a check with my local post , if usps choose not to update that item is shipped, they will write in to usps and that itself takes 10-15 days. Do I still have a case here since it will lapsed whatever 10 days you have given me. 3. I’m the innocent party here, so check my records against his!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Thank you for your update, @Lastcabin.

In that case, please contact us by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage so that we can look into this further. You may reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

Lastcabin
Contributor
Contributor
I did tried with the help button. PayPal replies with the same old decision like for the umpteen time thinking I’m trying to scam the buyer! For goodness sake, I’m here for Long! My records are for as long as 10 good years! Scamming, never ever! So can advice me how else should I approach this case?
Login to Me Too

Lastcabin
Contributor
Contributor
Dear Christina I urgently need your help on this matter. They kept replying saying case is closed and I didn’t provide them with a valid tracking. Please assist me with this, I don’t wish to lose out on my hard earn monies selling items. And I am very sure it’s no fault of mine at all. Please help! Appreciate it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.