Faulty goods

DR217012
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I purchased a second hand cooker through ebay which said it came with warrenty and delivery. What it did not say is the amount of warrenty u want the higher the price and delivery not included. I ordered the cooker which said it was in full working order. When it arrived the cooker would not go on at first but when it did the hot plate would not switch off. When I contacted the seller they said they would except a return and repair the fault. What they did not care to say is that I would have to pay for return and to receive back which was £75 each way as cooker was a double and heavy plus I am in Devon and it was coming from London. I had already paid £75 to receive it. I put a dispute in with PayPal as they say they have your back and it was not my fault the goods were faulty. I could understand if I wanted to return as did not like. PayPal have know said that the seller will except return and issue a refund but I have to pay that would mean I will have lost £150 and no cooker. I do not agree that this should be aloud and it is very unfair and the seller new that this was going to happen so I feel it is a disgrace.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DR217012 

Ebay and paypal have separate buyer protection policies, you should have opened an ebay dispute for item received but not as described and then when ebay found in your favour then the seller would have had to provide you with a shipping label.

My advice? Small claims court OR chargeback via your card issuer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DR217012 

Ebay and paypal have separate buyer protection policies, you should have opened an ebay dispute for item received but not as described and then when ebay found in your favour then the seller would have had to provide you with a shipping label.

My advice? Small claims court OR chargeback via your card issuer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DR217012
Contributor
Contributor
I rang PayPal for there advice they set up a dispute I the said I did not want a dispute with you but they said it was to late. If I go through bank they will be the same want me to return the faulty item.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.