False information given in Dispute

Savvysav85
New Community Member
I have received an email saying "To help us resolve your case as quickly as possible we'll need you to respond by December 13, 2019 at 10:07:48 PM PST. The buyer reported that someone made the order without their permission. Until this case is closed, we've also placed a hold on the transaction amount. "The buyer has filed a case with their financial institution for a payment of $143.51 USD you received on Nov 27, 2019. We've opened a case on December 3, 2019 so that we can collect more info and resolve this with the buyer's financial institution. " I don't know what to do. I've tried to respond to PayPal but it's only giving me options that make me admit that I've done something. This was supposed to be a friend of mine who had told me they lost their wallet and needed cash so they were going to PayPal me the money from the credit card and if I sent it back they would just deposit it into their Bank. I have a nice text log that has the conversation that states this. I don't see anywhere to upload the Information. My account is negative now over me recieveing a friends money and then just sending it back. How can I fix this?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Savvysav85,

I'm very sorry that you've encountered a chargeback. If the sender of the funds opened a case with their financial institution, the card issuer would not accept text logs.

It sounds like your friend either used a stolen card, the owner of which disputed the charge, or they disputed a transaction made on their own card.

It's important to note that PayPal prohibits cash advancing or assisting others in cash advancing from a card. The rules are in place to protect everyone who uses PayPal. I recommend reviewing the User Agreement and adhering to it so you can protect yourself from further loss or possible account limitation as a result of any future actions. The User Agreement can be found by clicking Legal at the bottom of the PayPal website.

I'm sorry that you've had this experience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.