False claim by "buyer"

neofactor
Contributor
Contributor

I received money from someone for giving a review on Amazon.

I met all the requirements and they actually agreed via email I met everything, so they paid me the $16 I was promised.

Months later, they put in a claim stating "Item never received".

I was shocked and thought.. well I simply need to respond to the false claim and show all the "proof" I have form emails and Amazon purchase that shows I NEVER sold them anything.  I did that and they closed it in favor of the "buyer" stating I did not provide enough proof that I shipped the product.  I NEVER had anything to ship.  How is this false claim winning?  My appeal was denied as well.  It is now closed and I have to pay them back.  WHAT!?!

How can someone just lie and say product never arrived - when they offered no proof I sold them anything in the 1st place?!

Here is all I can tell... "paypal buyer protection policy" covers this.  They sent me money so they are the "buyer" even though it was a payment for service... not a sale of a physical item.  This liar can just click a box and I am on the hook suddenly... I have to prove an impossible thing.

How can this scam be allowed?  Paypal has sided with them repeatedly with the same answer.  No proof of shipping provided.

Paypal lost my trust and I will actively not use Paypal now over this.  Just sad this happened. No faith in big Tech anymore.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.