False Claim from buyer - I missed the email

sasapurdue
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I had a false claim opened against me by an ebay buyer. I missed the email somehow from paypal and now I'm unable to respond to the case, although it is still "pending review".

History on the case: The buyer purchased a pair of jeans from me. I do not accept returns. She opened a request to return stating that the jeans did not fit. She did not open an INAD. A week or so went buy and she sent me a message on ebay stating she returned the jeans to me and demanding I refund her. I responded saying that she did not return the jeans to me, as I declined the return. She immediately left me negative feedback, which ebay removed for me.

A few weeks later she opened the dispute with Paypal, however I missed the email somehow!!

What will happen now? Is there any way I can get my side of this case heard at this point? Again, the case status is still "pending".

Sara

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @sasapurdue, I hope you're doing well!
Once a buyer filed a Dispute through PayPal, we will always notify the Merchant or seller about the claim and what certain actions they can do. PayPal also set a specific timeframe for both parties to respond or provide evidence. Here is the link on How to respond to a PayPal dispute. Hope this helps! Stay safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.