Fake websites

EZ23
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone had problems with xingyao e commerce Co Ltd?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EZ23 

@Ginolola1 

@ChrisB11 

Another 1 of these I think.

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

ChrisB11
Contributor
Contributor

Sure have.
Currently trying to get Paypal to refund full costs. They are wanting me to return the cheap item they shipped back to them which costs around 40$ USPS. They shipped it to me from California btw so they are shipping from the US but want you to return to their company in China. Happens often, this company is committing fraud. Where is the buyer protection paypal?

Login to Me Too

ChrisB11
Contributor
Contributor

Here are some feedback and BBB reviews I found using the return address that they ship items from:
https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/chino/profile/online-retailer/elaine-1066-850035569/customer-reviews

Login to Me Too

Ginolola1
New Community Member
Mine fake website that I ordered from was Walker E Commerce Co Ltd I’m trying to get a refund but, haven’t been able to. Ordered May 23rd 2020
Login to Me Too

EZ23
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I had problems And sti no support from PayPal
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EZ23 

@Ginolola1 

@ChrisB11 

Another 1 of these I think.

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cpruitt1
Contributor
Contributor
Got duped by a fake website. No Buyer Protection from PayPal. More like Scammer Protection.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.