Fake account

Johnny25257
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, someone send me money for the thing I sold to them and I believed I was scammed on FB through fake account. That FB account has same name as the PayPal account but as I said I believe it’s not real name and they asking for a refund now, if the case go to PayPal would PayPal ask that person to verified that PayPal account? I read that is against PayPal policy to used fake name.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hello @Johnny25257

Thanks for posting in the PayPal Community forums for help with this issue. I'm sorry to hear that this individual has disputed their payment to you. If the transaction is eligible for Seller Protection, you should be good to go. Otherwise, I would recommend responding to any requests for additional information to argue your case. PayPal will review all the evidence provided to make a fair and policy-based decision. 

PayPal does review accounts for possible fraudulent activity. If we suspect an account holder may have used a fake name, PayPal may limit their account to confirm their identity. 

If you need direct assistance with this issue, you can reach customer support by FacebookTwitter, or phone or email.

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.