FRAUD!

ericabowden2
New Community Member

Good morning everyone, 

I think i have been scammed by someone using Paypal. I was selling two watches and received an email that said the buyer had sent my funds to Paypal but I had to enter the tracking number to receive them. I shipped the product and added the tracking into the provided email address, and never received anything from Paypal. Does anyone know if Paypal will refund my money? 

Thank you,

Erica <removed>

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Meekay
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

If no payment has been received into the account, PayPal wont be able to open a Claim for a Transaction that doesn't exist. i would recommend giving the US Support team a call, and it would be a good idea to contact the courier to try and recover the parcel in transit before it is delivered.

Its good practice to always make sure the funds are in your PayPal account before sending the item. although i understand the email may have looked very legit, take a look into our forums on how to recognize a legit paypal email. if you are ever unsure, you can call us and we can look at outgoing messages we have sent to your email to be sure.

I hope this gets resolved as soon as possible

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.