Extra Request for Goods and Services

jmcrt232
Contributor
Contributor

I recently got a transaction request from a buyer on eBay for some shoes at $250, but they had also requested for $300 worth of steam gift cards, in the box as well as the shoes, he is supposedly paying for all of it once I send him picture proof, but I don’t know if it’s very safe to do such a transaction.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

At_28
I’m currently having this issue as well, the same buyer asked for steam cards along with the hoodie I was selling them. Currently I’m going the the process of cancelling the shipment because I was sent bogus emails claiming that I had been sent money and that they won’t release the funds unless I show them proof that I purchase them.
Login to Me Too

jmcrt232
Contributor
Contributor
Do you know their username at all so I know to stay away
Login to Me Too

At_28
On eBay it’s the “user” empire0000. I’ve looked this user up and it says “not a registered user. On top of that eBay emailed me saying that they were suspicious of this buyer and they had to remove my listing.
Login to Me Too

jmcrt232
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks man, I’ll be on the lookout
Login to Me Too

At_28
Don’t make the mistake I did by shipping out an item right away, at first I was suspicious because the buyer was asking for this extra stuff and I stated that my only business was selling them the item I listed. But it changed once I got an email saying that the transferred money to my PayPal account.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.