External Credit Card Chargeback Fraud

patrick406
New Community Member

I sent a drone to a buyer, perfect condition, the user registered it, flew it and crashed it. Three days later told me it was broken in shipping but he could not find the parts, send me pictures and did not want to return the drone just wanted the money.  User admitted to registering it and flying it.  Fast forward - user took a $1 refund that I offered through ebay with the message I don't have a buyer remorse policy.  He then on the last day possible filed a external chargeback with his credit card.  Credit card company awarded him the $1800 back and he clicked "Not Significantly as Described" so Paypal will not help me, which the drone was exactly as described and fully insured for shipping damaged (but he didn't claim that either). I had multiple conversations claiming something new every day was wrong with the programming, etc. (he even asked for $267 back for his time) - drone was perfect and still under warranty with only 14 hours of flight time. Now he has the drone, the $1800 and I have been sent to collections because I do not have the funds in my Paypal account or a payment method attached anymore.  What should I do next - am I just out of luck since he clicked NSAD? Paypal and Ebay both are saying sorry if they check that item, nothing we can do, even though I have showed them that the user has said the item was perfect. Is there a company that helps fight these fraud issues? The user is clearly lying but I cannot afford to fight the thing with a lawyer or don't know the first thing about small claims court. Plus collections wants the ENTIRE amount - no one deducted the taxes, fees, final insertion fees, etc. that I never got, but they want the entire amount. Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

davide470
New Community Member

Chargeback has more disadvantages and I am surprised PayPal has not closed the features. I have been defrauded recently on it and it does not make sense for PayPal to still allow it

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.