Ebay's customer guarantee new policy beginning March 1, 2018

CameronNC
New Community Member

So I'm trying to understand how this is legal. I sold my bike for $1400 to a guy in   San Leandro California. I'm on the East coast. Shipping cost $150. So the total into PayPal was $1550. Ebayer asked to return the bike I emailed him how he would like me to facilitate this. I wrote him twice in one week no response.

Ebays new policy is to refund the money within 5 days if I don't send the buyer a return label. I understand that this will automatically reduce their resolution center issues with returns; especially the inexpensive items that are broken or not as described when they are delivered. We are talking about $1400 its a lot of money. eBay says they cant force the buyer to return the bike now. The eBayer wrote me once basically calling me a sucker!!!  The PayPal account is in his 80-year-old father's name. The mailing address is not his residence.  I did a background check on the guy. He set up everything so it doesn't lead back to him even though I found out who he is eBay is taking no action. The account has only three less than $20 purchases and was open 3 months ago. 

I was selling my bike to take care of some bills and give my son a good birthday. Noone will help me! eBay customer care keeps responding with "how sorry they are that I have had a bad experience"  It reads like they are not even reading my email before responding

CAN ANYONE HELP ME ON HOW TO RESOLVE THIS? I'M PRETTY DESPERATE AT THIS POINT...

Stolen bikeStolen bike

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.