Ebay posting

Sally3212
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have a few bits to post that I sold on eBay and was paid via PayPal. On the PayPal email it says to send trackable however the buyer did not pay for tracking postage. Not sure what to do? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sally3212

Are the funds actually showing in your paypal account balance (just want to check its not a scam).

If they are then thats fine but whether you send trackable is up to you.

However if you do not send trackable and the buyer files a dispute for non receipt of item then you would lose that dispute as you could not prove the buyer had received it with that tracking number.

The buyer pays the postage you set on your auction, if you list with trackable postage then that is what they will pay.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sally3212

Are the funds actually showing in your paypal account balance (just want to check its not a scam).

If they are then thats fine but whether you send trackable is up to you.

However if you do not send trackable and the buyer files a dispute for non receipt of item then you would lose that dispute as you could not prove the buyer had received it with that tracking number.

The buyer pays the postage you set on your auction, if you list with trackable postage then that is what they will pay.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.