Ebay buyer scam. Beware!!

jeanniemac62
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay buyer sends complaint to paypal resolution centre stating that the purchase was unauthorised so now I have potentially lost £45 and a further charge by paypal of £14.00. I have sent email proof of purchase of 2 x £25 New Look gift card codes (I did not realise this was not allowed - ebay should have informed me of this fact). I cannot now use the gift cards myself and the buyer has probably now made purchases online using the codes. More warning should be given to ebay customers NOT to sell gift card codes. The matter is now in the hands of the buyers credit card company who will make the final decision. Meanwhile the buyer has had £45 reimbursed to her via her credit card and I am the victim in all of this!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jeanniemac62

Paypal does warn you, in the section marked 'seller protection'.

In the event of an unauthorised transaction OR chargeback you may be covered by seller protection.

Unfortunately for 'virtual / digital' transactions you are not covered.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/gift-cards-policy?id=4294

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mcarlson11
New Community Member

Someone wanted me to buy eBay gift cards and show the receipt in order to receive the funds and as stupid as I was I actually did it and now the funds still aren't released and they are asking for $400 more in eBay cards to compete the payment so they all can be released. What can I do? can I contact eBay to get 300 dollars in gift cards back or am I completely **bleep**?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.