Ebay Seller Cheated by Paypal

minheekim1004
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal Dispute Case PP-D-25970314

Ebay buyer purchased a cell phone from me. They filed an item was not as described.
Case was opened and return was accepted.
The buyer never returned item, but the case was decided in the buyer's favor. Contacted Paypal support and they said technical glitch caused refund to go to buyer. Said they would re-open the case. 

Case was appealed and Ebay still sided with the buyer that when item not described, buyer does not have to return item to get refund. Customer service says that there is nothing they can do.

Where is the seller protection in this? I am out the item and the money. Paypal policy does not make any sense to me.

What recourse do I have for this? I am considering just spreading the word and possible litigation. 

Can anyone help? 

Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @minheekim1004,

I'm sorry to hear that eBay decided the case in the buyer's favor and awarded the refund without the item being returned to you. If the dispute had been filed through PayPal, then it would be possible to appeal through PayPal. In an eBay dispute, only eBay can accept the appeal. If eBay decides to award you a credit for the appeal, they will issue the credit through PayPal and we can assist with the refund at that time if there are any issues. 

I hope that eBay provides a credit to you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

minheekim1004
Contributor
Contributor

Item was disputed through paypal, not ebay.

Appeal was denied.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @minheekim1004,

Thank you for that clarification.

I'm very sorry to hear that the case went that way. Please try contacting customer service again. Ask them to review the contact you had where the person said that the refund was as a result of a glitch. If there was indeed a technical issue, that should be resolved. If the issue was not a glitch and was instead due to some other factor that we don't know about in this thread, they may be able to better explain what happened.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.