Ebay Return Results in Negative Balance. Cannot Move Money to Rectify

thedecadentdogs
Contributor
Contributor

A buyer initiated a return on Ebay.  This resulted in the funds from the original sales transaction being "Held" and a negative PayPal balance.  When I tried to move money into my PayPal account to rectify the negative balance I get the attached screen and cannot go any further.  Why can't I move money in this situation?

paypal screen when trying to add money.jpg

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thedecadentdogs 

Screenshot not showing up so can't see what you mean, however...

Ways to clear a negative balance.

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via "add funds" if you choose the faster method it should be done quickly.

2. Get a mate or family member to send you a payment to your paypal via the friends / family option (as long as they don't fund it with a card there is no fee).

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

thedecadentdogs
Contributor
Contributor

The problem here is you cannot move money in this situation.  The only way to rectify is to immediately issue a refund on Ebay.  So you are effectively issuing a refund without receiving your item back.  Effectively giving the buyer a "freebie".  The return request was completely bogus.  Therefore I was scammed by an ebay buyer.  You should be able to move money into your PayPal account to clear a negative balance regardless of the circumstances.  This issue allows ebay buyers to rip off sellers and obtain free merchandise.  Not cool!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thedecadentdogs 

Your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.