Dropped by Paypal

63Splitfan
Contributor
Contributor

I own a small business In Arlington, Texas, in which i design, market, and sell on a daily basis my own line of vehicle accessories for a particular type of vehicle. Everything I do is totally custom, therefore i stock nothing. Everything, is made to order, soon as the order has been placed.  I post this on my website at checkout and ask that the customer allow up to 10 working days to manufacture their custom item prior to it shipping. The customer really has no choice but to read it or as it may be, ignore it. I require money up front, and I sell in all 50 states. Shipping is included in the invoice. Money is deposited directly onto a Paypal business card. This is for the most part my only means of banking as a business. I am not in business to be a crook. I have created a following of well over 5000 people and growing quickly. So far this year I have had a total of 10 cases opened against me out of hundreds of sales. Seven of which were resolved in my favor, between the buyer and I, with one of us telling PayPal that it was resolved. A portion of those resolved are a result of what i mentioned previously ignoring or not retaining what my checkout message was telling them, and opening a case in the first week stating that the item was not received. I also had a case that I opened after buying a product through Amazon. The product was a OEM remote start for a particular vehicle. This item would not allow me to complete the installation process, so I contacted the technical support team as the supplied instructions stated that I should do in the event the item did not work. When I called tech support, they asked for the serial number that is marked on the item and determined that the item had not been programmed at all. The told me to contact the seller, so i did and got Zero response. I opened a case and escalated it. Still no response from the seller even after PayPal requested info from them. Paypal found in the sellers favor, so i called PayPal and talked to their people which sent me to another dept, after a long holding time, and then another, and this person agreed with me and reversed the decision and refunded the money back to my account. The very next day the case was back open and the money gone so i called again and the 3rd person i talked to agreed with me and was appalled that this happened and again opened the case which is in PayPal review now with a estimated close date of over a month ago. Yesterday 5/2/19 I get a letter via email stating i was being dropped, and its final they say and refuse to see anything that i tried to get them to see such as 7 out of 10 cases from hundreds of sales, were resolved in my favor. PayPal is holding my funds for 180 days. This has caused me to not get some much needed funds resulting me having an eviction filed against and I now need a new place to live. It may very well cause me to have no choice but to close my business as my website which makes sales daily and often multiple sales in a day.  Looking back at last year on 3 occasions PayPal has awarded the funds back to the buyer without getting my product back. So the buyer got the product and the money they paid me for it.  One of those cases was opened buy the buyer about 10 minutes after i chatted with him and gave him tracking info. He has obviously up to no good. What can I do to get this cleared up? or can I? This was a great way for customers to buy from my website, as well as come to my shop and have it perform a service or sell product. Many opted to use PayPal for this. Please advised. I feel that I have been done wrong here, and I'm soon to be in dire need of a home as a result and may very well go out of business.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

63Splitfan
Contributor
Contributor

Not one single response! Wow I am impressed

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@63Splitfan 

Firstly this is a 'user to user' advice forum and advice is VOLUNTARILY given by other users.

Secondly I did see you post but hit the back button as didn't have time to read that 'difficult' to read 'long' block of text.

Try and edit / add paragraphs / be more polite / you may then get advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.