Does Anyone Get Protection for Purchases With PayPal?

saysyou
New Community Member

I purchased a product and paid through PayPal thinking that I had the option to dispute if the product was not as described. Instead I never got it. I filed the claim with PayPal in March. It was escalated. It finally got resolved by PayPal's standards but not mine in late September. PayPal claims that the sender says the item was received but I know I never got it. They didn't give me a chance to comment. They closed the case and that was the end of it. There was nowhere for me to deny that I received the items in question. Instead of protecting me, they protected a shady buyer. I question why I even need to use PayPal when there are other services out there now. Has any consumer been helped by PayPal and I was just unlucky?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@saysyou 

Sellers are protected from Not Received claims when seller provides a 'valid' tracking number but can go around that by shipping something to a nearby address if the seller is sketchy. If you were provided with the tracking number, you can take it to the post office and have them run an Intranet Report and give you a print out, signed indicating there was fraud, if any. Then message PayPal to appeal the case, providing a scan of the document.

If paypal doesn't budge then you are free to dispute the charge with your card issuer if that is how you paid and provide them with the evidence from the post office, provided you were given the tracking number.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.