Disputed goods not as discribed

Beautbuzz1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi community thank you for your time to ready my problem.... so I sold my Louis Vuitton palms springs mini backpack from gum tree say. I had a buyer and we agree on a set amount so I go to the post office, the post office lady checks what I was shipping she had a quick look to make sure it wasn’t a counterfeit item (which it wasn’t) the lady at the post office did advise me to wait unti the funds cleared but silly naive me thought I’d be safe with a tracking number so I sent it keeping my receipt for the express post and tracking number, she received my bag at 8:30am as I was getting sms every location my bag was in they notified me the bag was received, I thought I’d call her to see if she liked the bag and was happy but she had advised me that she hadn’t received the bag which is impossible because Australia post sent me a txt every step of the way she then proceeded to tell me she’d check with her neighbours, a few hours later I see that there was a dispute put in and stating that I sent her a counterfeit item WHICH IS A COMPLETE LIE! She said look I want my money back and I’ll send you your bag back. My concerns with that is ONE she already lied about not receiving the bag at 830am when she did! what if she doesn’t really Send me back my original lv bag. it was purchased for $3,250 I’m so worried I feel sick to my stomach knowing this lady could get away with my handbag and her money refunded...PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE HELP ME ASAP THANK YOU
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

JoshandLindsey
Contributor
Contributor
I am very experienced with selling and I have had a dispute or two filed in my time and over the course of my years I have only lost 1 dispute. You need to make sure you respond to the dispute with “I disagree - provide more information” give very bit of evidence. Tracking history, receipt, texts, EVERYTHING! After you attach these you need to be VERY VERY detailed with your statement and do not leave a single detail out. I’m telling you this will completely be in your benefit if you do this. You also should proof read and make sure that everything is in the proper timeline as it happened. Don’t confuse the dispute handler by going back and fourth throughout what happened. Be clear but also get to your point. A couple of things you should know.. anything of that value should always be sent with signature confirmation upon delivery. It is likely that they will deny it solely based upon not having that. BUT that is not always the case. If the tracking shows delivered to the address (zip/city) and it matches the address on PayPal - AND the texts or messages from this person does not add up… you will most likely be sided with and not have to lose the money. I hope that this helps! 😊
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.