Disputed Payment SCAM: Lost £570!

BosphorusDreams
New Community Member

Where do I start? So I sold a phone just over a week ago via PayPal; the listing was originally via eBay, but buyer wanted a different delivery option so we ended up negotiating directly via email. Payment was made by PayPal, I sent the phone off by Special Delivery and that was that. Until, a few days later I receive an email update from PayPal stating "We're investigating a payment reversal", and a few days after that, they refunded the buyer in full leaving my account in roughly minus £540+. Their reasoning: "We were notified that the payment you received wasn't authorised or may be fraudulent. When we're notified of possible fraud, we're required to reverse the payment." I have proof of postage and correspondence, and cannot believe how easily PayPal have ruled in buyer's favour. So now buyer has the phone AND their money back, and I've lost out on both? Outrageous. I don't know what route to take this now. I've tried contacting buyer and of course, no response. I've tried contacting Action Fraud but they advise to try and contact the buyer, and I don't know if it's worth trying to get the police involved. This is theft. Please advise!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.