Dispute

martie6671
Contributor
Contributor

I was the seller on a large ticket item (guitar)  buyer paid but was non u.s. and "unverified".  Paypal listed as ok to ship to address given but when I put address into FEDX, it came back on FEDX as unable to find the address.   So I became suspicious of selling to a non verified buyer and shipping to an address which FEDX said did not verify.  I then told the buyer I did not want to sell to him and issued a refund thru REVERB and ultimately in PP.  So now my issue is the $205 PP fee which they won't refund to me.  I only backed out because of the 2 ref flags as indicated here (non verified seller and address)  Who would not be cautious of this?  I contacted PP and they said no refunds, no exceptions.  How can I resolve this?  I know the seller refunds rules changed recently but I had 2 strong reasons to suspect fraud on a large ticket item.   Anyone have any suggestions to resolve this issue /

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@martie6671 

Unfortunately, there are no refunds on the PayPal fees, sorry. You would be protected if you shipped to the address on the payment should the buyer file Item not Received dispute or credit card chargeback on you for item not received. I would also have google mapped the address or put it through the USPS.com database to verify the address too and used USPS to ship it if it could be found in USPS database but maybe would have tried shipping it vs losing a couple hundo in PayPal fees. If the item was return undelivered due to bad address, the buyer should have some responsibility in that and do negotiated a partial refund to split the loss.

Perhaps do pick up on high value items. Or don't sell what you can't afford to lose which seems to be going that way due to the new policies. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

martie6671
Contributor
Contributor

Mr Sharpie, you are no help with your suggestions. I assume you work for Paypal?  Too bad you do not give a real name instead of a goofy made up name. As far as telling me to look up the address in USPS or Google, I would expect that a verified address per PP would be just that - Verified.  Guess not.  So if put down c/o The Scarecrow Yellow Brick Road, OZ as my shipping address, PayPal would just use it and not question it?  This customer's address listed it a EZGO (a golf cart) in Portland.  The street numbers were not correct per FEDX - They should know, agree?  Would YOU ship something to a non-verified member at a known bad address?  Hmmm?, Mr Sharpie?  Thanks for a poorly researched non answer from you.  May I use your name as I elevate this complaint to FTC and State of CA Consumer Protection?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.