Dispute found against me (seller) and I now have proof the buyer was wrong.

Dave253
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item through ebay, paid through ebay/paypal, which 6 weeks later the buyer claimed was damaged / not as described. 

PayPal found against me and the buyer returned the item to me and I can now prove the item isn't damaged, works as described and was listed 100% correctly.  Paypal is issuing a full refund to the buyer.

Can anyone offer advice on what steps can I take to recover my costs for shipping & fees etc.?

Many thanks!

Dave

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dave253 

Seller protection is not a 100% coverall and i would just chalk this one up to experience and the risk of online selling, you are always going to get the odd bum sale.

At least you got the item back safely and it was the same item and working which is a plus?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dave253
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kernowlass,

Yes, the correct item was returned and is working, but I've lost out on the original transaction fees, ebay fees, postage costs and now paypal has charged me another 10% for the dispute process.  Overall, for an original sale of £120, I'm currently out-of-pocket more than £37.  There's no way having the original item back will allow me to recoup those fees.

Surely this isn't how Paypal expects us to operate?

Thanks for your input!

Dave

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.