Dispute changed to items not received. Now they claim item as not described.

Tish2121
Contributor
Contributor
Buyer notes- 1/30/21 “You can initiate a refund in the amount of $905, until you are able to locate them. You will have to file a claim with FedEx if they have lost your items.” Buyer states they did not receive the item as listed on the invoice. There was no notation to Fed ex at the time of delivery, buyer did not verify the quantity but signed for the package on 1/29/21. Buyer states that they almost declined the delivery and states the Box appeared tampered with and was OPENED . The buyer stated that they did not receive the items that they were billed for on the invoice. The quantity was 4 items. The buyer claims they only received 2 items and are requesting a refund for the $905 for the two MISSING items. Please see notes and additional documentation. Deductions: -$375 11 64GB 2711 - NOT IN BOX -$530 11PM 64 1588 - NOT IN BOX “You can initiate a refund in the amount of $905, until you are able to locate them.”— I’d like to make sure that the SELLER PROTECTION policy is applied per the buyers documented intial claim: “Item is not received.” Items show as delivered on 1/29/21 and signed for by seller. Buyer did not indicate to FedEx too stamps contents missing during time of delivery. Buyer indicated that at the time of delivery the box appeared open. The problem is the buyer change the dispute from item not received to item is not described in order to try to circumvent the seller protection that PayPal has in place for sellers who have a claim of item not received. How do I fight this and get it PayPal to investigate it as item not received and that way I’m protected?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tish2121 

Buyers sometimes get it mixed up when filing a dispute because of an issue with their received order, choosing “item not received” or ”I didn’t receive an item I purchased”  option instead of ”I received an item that significantly not as described”.

They can contact customer service to report they filed the wrong case and have it changed.

The buyer also have the ability to change their claim to Significantly not as described within the dispute if their package does arrive in the meantime and there is a problem with the order upon receipt. So you see, the buyer is within their rights to change the claim reason.

As the shipper, you will have to find evidence, have FedEx substantiate the opposite, that there was no damage to the packaging, and the items are ‘ok and all present’ to convince PayPal to say ok, this is not a case of significantly not as described.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Tish2121
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you ! Actually FedEx did state that their investigation determined that the package was NOT damaged at the time of delivery. So I did submit this info to PayPal who has yet to verify they received my info or change the case yet. I need them to see these buyers are lying and should have to provide the burden of proof and haven’t.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.