Dispute and Paypal Balance

Haaegan
New Community Member
Hi, I'm resulted to writing this because Paypal Customer Service is just plain awful to deal with. I am from Malaysia, and recently sold an item to a seller from Luxembourg on eBay. Money went into my account and I withdrew it to have fund available for the International Courier fees. I then found out that the buyer's country was restricted for air parcel due to Covid19. Me and the buyer agreed on a refund. Since I have withdrew the amount to my bank for the courier fund, my balance is zero. I have contacted Paypal initial via their chat system, and they couldn't let me add fund unless I have a certain bank account that they support, which I do not have it. I then seek for eBay for solution since I can't proceed with Paypal for the refund. EBay asked me to contact Paypal again, I am in a loop now, so I suggested the buyer to lodge a dispute to force a refund through eBay instead. Once the buyer made the dispute, Paypal immediately deduct my balance to the exact amount in my Paypal balance, therefore a showing a negative balance. With that, I am able to add fund via credit card, which I did just that, and so I thought it the amount deducted was for the refund. But it wasn't, once i added the amount to negate the negative amount in my balance, nothing happen. The refund still can't be issued to the buyer, my credit card being charged to add fund to negate the negative balance, and Paypal customer service still telling me over and over again I can't issue the refund due to zero balance. Why was it deducted when my buyer made a dispute then? Fund added all considered gone then? Ebay also contacted me and told me that they might need to refund the buyer and charge me later on. I felt like I might be double charge if that's the case, since i added the money for the deducted balance in my Paypal. I seriously seeking for help here since I do not know what else to do, and Paypal customer service kept assigning new agent to reply me without knowing what happened and reply me vaguely of things that being explained before. I appreciate any help comes my way. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.