Dispute That The Buyer Said They Didn't Get The Item Even Though I Have a Signed Delivery Reciept

Spkrohn
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else had this issue with PayPal?  I sold an electric wheelchair on eBay to Medical Power Mobility, owner Miguel <removed>.  I said if he took care of the shipping to his place in Puerto Rico I would accept his offer ($2500).  The buyer paid, set up the shipping.  I crated it up and his trucking company picked it up and left me a tracking number and receipt.  The chair was sold May 25 and picked up in June. The chair was shipped to Puerto Rico and I can track it from my computer.  He then let the package sit at the truck terminal in Puerto Rico because they could not deliver it to him until he signed some Puerto Rico tax document.  He then opened a "did not receive my item" claim on PayPal.  They refunded out of my account, the $2500 back to him in August.  The chair was bought in May.  After he got refunded, he went and filled out the tax forms, and the trucking company delivered the crate to his business.  I talked with the trucking company and they sent me a signed delivery receipt that the chair was delivered to his company, same address that is on PayPal.  I have all the tracking information from the internet showing the progression of the package.  I have emails from the trucking company stating they could not deliver the crate until the tax forms were filled out.  And I have given them all to PayPal.  PayPal continues to find in this guys favor *Miguel <removed>" "Mobile Power Mobility" and give me an email that says they can't track the package????  I don't get it.  PayPal will not work with me now and sent me to a collections agency to try and collect the money they took out of my account because it caused a negative balance.  PayPal and eBay also took their fees out of the transaction and cant refund them because its been over 30 days.  I offered to do a net meeting with PayPal so they could track from my computer but nothing.  I was told they have a firewall that won't let them track the package on their side.  This is total **bleep** Anyone else have this issue or can anyone help?  I call his company and he is never there or won't talk to me.  I have sent several emails and he won't respond.  

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

How many times do you have to post the same thread,it is confusing which one should we respond to?

This is an old trick,Russians do it,Indians do it,Nigerian do it,let the item sit at customs or post office,file item not received ,once the case is closed in their favor,run to the post office or customs to claim the item.

Some seller will try to email foreign post office or customs to RETURN the shipment but there is this time lapse,by the time they receive your notice,it is too late.

now you said you have tracking and you can see it but they cant.

It is not true that seller must ship USPS,FED EXP,DHL,UPS,many ebay sellers use private carriers like trucking companies and carriers which specialize in antique high end items ,ask Christie and Soetheby,they don't use USPS!

if you can track it ,then PAypal USA should be able to do so.

But the sad part is,buyer has already received his money back,will Paypal try to claw back the money?

If the news media is on your side,may be they can contact the governor of PR and tell them a mainland seller has been scammed and would he investigate?

also go ask on Ebay seller forum under auto,vehicles etc,there are buyers and sellers there who may offer some ideas.

Also,post offices do talk to each other,post office of one country can email the post office of another country while we cannot,in case where USPS is involved,consider using them.  

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

if you can get the news media or local senator or congreesman office to help,in any way they can.

PR is in dire need of government subsidy $$,ask them if they can contact the governor over there to look into the case.

Paypal is not the best payment method for some goods,high end ,delicate,heavy bulky stuff ,if they want the goods bad,they will comeup with cash,cashier check,wire transfer.    

wire transfer is the best,it is not reversible.

if the fee is too much and you have a fat profit,then offer to split the fee or pick up the fee.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.