Dispute That The Buyer Said They Didn't Get The Item Even Though I Have a Signed Delivery Reciept

Spkrohn
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else had this issue with PayPal?  I sold an electric wheelchair on eBay to Medical Power Mobility, owner Miguel <removed>.  I said if he took care of the shipping to his place in Puerto Rico I would accept his offer ($2500).  The buyer paid, set up the shipping.  I crated it up and his trucking company picked it up and left me a tracking number and receipt.  The chair was sold May 25 and picked up in June. The chair was shipped to Puerto Rico and I can track it from my computer.  He then let the package sit at the truck terminal in Puerto Rico because they could not deliver it to him until he signed some Puerto Rico tax document.  He then opened a "did not receive my item" claim on PayPal.  They refunded out of my account, the $2500 back to him in August.  The chair was bought in May.  After he got refunded, he went and filled out the tax forms, and the trucking company delivered the crate to his business.  I talked with the trucking company and they sent me a signed delivery receipt that the chair was delivered to his company, same address that is on PayPal.  I have all the tracking information from the internet showing the progression of the package.  I have emails from the trucking company stating they could not deliver the crate until the tax forms were filled out.  And I have given them all to PayPal.  PayPal continues to find in this guys favor *Miguel <removed>" "Mobile Power Mobility" and give me an email that says they can't track the package????  I don't get it.  PayPal will not work with me now and sent me to a collections agency to try and collect the money they took out of my account because it caused a negative balance.  PayPal and eBay also took their fees out of the transaction and cant refund them because its been over 30 days.  I offered to do a net meeting with PayPal so they could track from my computer but nothing.  I was told they have a firewall that won't let them track the package on their side.  This is total **bleep** Anyone else have this issue or can anyone help?  I call his company and he is never there or won't talk to me.  I have sent several emails and he won't respond.  

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spkrohn

You have no seller protection for an item you allow to be collected by the buyer unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Spkrohn
Contributor
Contributor

So I am finding out, yet nowhere on PayPal or eBay does it state that.

I am going to have to take PayPal and the buyer to court now and spend more money.

Its sad that PayPal customer service is in India and can't help with anything.  You cannot even talk to the people who make the decisions. 

It would be nice if they could tell me why.  Their incompetence's are the real issue.  Any idiot can see that I am telling the truth and have proof to back it up. 

Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor
Get a lawyer!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danna24

How do you expect to sue someone in another country   Smiley Frustrated

I know its supposed to be a part of the U.S but legally I don't think that would work.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor

Seriously? Sue another county?? I meant PayPal. I'm positive they have United States locations. 

Login to Me Too

Danna24
Contributor
Contributor

Not only that, but they do have attorneys in the US that practice International Law if they didn't

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danna24

'Sue' paypal for doing exactly what they say they will in their user agreement and NOT cover you for items collected by the buyer as per their buyer protection policy? Good luck with that one.

And yes you can get an international lawyer for about $1500+ per hour to do several days / weeks amount of work totally many thousands to get back $2500.....!!! Not really cost effective though.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Spkrohn
Contributor
Contributor

Just to clarify, I set up the shipping.  I just had the shipping company bill the buyer first before they picked up the chair.

It is back in dispute.  The customer service people are looking at it again for the 8th time.  Funny they can't even give me a clear reason for finding in this guys favor.  

His name is Miguel <removed>.  Company is Mobile Power Mobility.  Phone number <removed>.  Feel free to call him and get his side of the story.  I would encourage that! lol  

His eBay id is miguel834 with 100% positive feedback, his email is <removed>

Beware of this scam artist!

Login to Me Too

Spkrohn
Contributor
Contributor

Just to clarify, I did set up the shipping.  I just had the buyer pay the shipper directly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.