Dispute Help, false claim

HannahNo21
New Community Member

I had a lady file a claim saying she didnt authorize a transaction with me. When I contacted her about it, she said she did not file a claim, and there would be no reason to because she had received the items she paid for. I misunderstood what the paypal email said about how long I had to contact them about a resolution, and then I got an email saying they sided with her and I got charged a $20 chargeback fee. So I am out $50 in total! I messaged the buyer back and asked her what we could do to resolve this between us since she obviously got the money back and I have messages that show her saying she received the items, and now she is ignoring me. What should I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @HannahNo21,

I'm sorry to hear that a transaction you received is subject to a claim for unauthorized use. The person with whom you are communicating may not be the owner of the payment method that was used to make the purchase. In a situation of a chargeback, that means that a card was used without the card owner's authorization. This could be due to a misunderstanding, or it could be due to knowing theft.

In order to be covered in a situation of unauthorized use, you would need to provide tracking that shows the delivery of the item to the address in the transaction details. If that could not be provided, the chargeback would be found in favor of the card owner and you would not be covered for the loss.

I'm sorry that you've had this experience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.