Dealing with selling digital goods and charge backs

CrisFTW
New Community Member

Hello!

I just received 5 $20 chargebacks after trying to dispute case a buyer submitted weeks ago. It hurt me to see that $100 was instantly gone out of my pocket already knowing that I'm having a rough time in life right now. I'm at the point of making a new account just to avoid anymore money taken out but don't that fixes anything.

I need help to avoid this. I'm a seller on ebay selling in-game items for video games. Obviously there isn't any tracking number being submitted. It would be ridiculousness to send a letter for every time someone buys something and thank them for the purchase. 

What's the best way dealing with the false case and paypal taking out $20 for every chargeback?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CrisFTW 

There is no paypal seller protection for selling virtual/digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CrisFTW 

There is no paypal seller protection for selling virtual/digital items, you can sell them but at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.