De frauded pay pal terminal payment

Enmidford
New Community Member

Hello everyone

can anyone advise me please. I have had a very bad experience and the banks refuse to give my money back as they say pay pal payments are excluded from section 75 of consumer credit act when you get de frauded or do not get your goods.

I brought at car from a car dealer and paid with my credit card through a pay pal card terminal and when I went to get my car the dealer had sold it to someone else and kept my money. I complained to police and they did nothing. I took the car dealer to the high court with a writ and still got nothing.

surley PayPal protects customers from rogue sellers like this?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Enmidford 

Sadly there is no paypal buyer protection for any type of motor vehicle.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Enmidford 

There is no seller protection if the payment is through virtual terminal so it is weird that you were denied on your claim. Did you file a dispute through your transaction, through PayPal account? It's probably not even listed in your account activity, right? On the other hand, the sale of vehicle is involved. Then you need to take the car dealer to (small claims) court.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Enmidford
New Community Member

Thank you for your replies. Yes I took the garage owner higher than court ccj, I had high court bailiffs appear and they couldn’t get anything due to all being registered under some other company etc.

i guess I’ll have to appeal the financial ombudsman on the banks refusing to cover me.

Login to Me Too

Enmidford
New Community Member

Apparently when you try to claim under section 75 when you have been conned as such, the banks exclude pay pal merchants. If I had known that I would have not brought the bloody car he see why I used my credit card for protection 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Enmidford 

If you had used a credit card then you should have been covered BUT it sounds as if you used a debit card which does not have the same protection as you mentioned your bank??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.