Customer refunded when I stated no returns

Rt84
Contributor
Contributor
Recently sold a pair of diesel jeans, in like new condition. The buyer quickly contacted me to say, that the jeans were in great condition, but didn't fit him, so could he return for a refund. I declined, as I had started 'no returns' on the advert, and didn't want to be left losing the £5 I paid for the original postage. He then proceeded through eBay for a refund, which they too rejected. Now... He then went to these idiots at PayPal, who have accepted!?! He did it through deception,and said that the jeans were not as described,which I proved he was lying by showing the original as. How is this fair? So I lose money on postage because he bought the wrong size jeans,and lies about what the problem is?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rt84

Ebay and Paypal have 2 different buyer protection policies and I only know about Paypals.

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against anothers, Paypal never sees what you say you sent OR what the buyer says that they received.

So yes Paypal does appear to find in favour of the buyer BUT the buyer has to return the item back to you 'trackable' (to prove delivery), and at their own expense before you have to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.