Customer payment reversal opened a payment reversal after delivering.

karsaidavid
New Community Member

So I made a website for someone and after it was done they initialized a payment reversal.

I know I've shouldn't accept the payment as family & friends but everything was looking good at that time and I didn't really check.

The individual requested back the money after 4 days,I have extracted the money and used it like 2 days before that so my balance is in minus now.

I have two open disputes right now with (because the payment was done in 2 parts) saying  payment you received was made without the account holder's permission or was the result of a transaction error.

What's next,what should I expect as an outcome?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@karsaidavid 

An unauthorised dispute is saying that your paypal account was hacked and used without your consent to make any transactions.

If paypal check IP addresses / devices and see that no hacking was done then you would lose.

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and can lead to your Paypal account being limited.
A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for 'non-receipt' OR 'not as described' as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.

However they can still open an 'unauthorised transaction' OR do a 'chargeback' (if they funded that Paypal payment via their credit card) and you would probably lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection because you accepted payment that way.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@karsaidavid 

An unauthorised dispute is saying that your paypal account was hacked and used without your consent to make any transactions.

If paypal check IP addresses / devices and see that no hacking was done then you would lose.

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and can lead to your Paypal account being limited.
A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for 'non-receipt' OR 'not as described' as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.

However they can still open an 'unauthorised transaction' OR do a 'chargeback' (if they funded that Paypal payment via their credit card) and you would probably lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection because you accepted payment that way.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.