Customer let customs send a package back, why am I responsible for shipping costs.

dignrocks
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal resolved a missing package in favor of the customer.   I finally got the package back from Germany Customs after 3 months.  The customer failed to pay the duties owed so the German PO sent it back.  Paypal ruled in favor of the customer for the full amount.  I think the customer should be responsible for the mailing cost that I had to pay since they caused the package to go missing.

I am a Shopify seller and my policy on Shopify states I'm not responsible for Customs duties so why would I be responsible for the shipping costs when a customer refuses to pay the Customs fees.  Paypal would not even consider this in their resolution.

My policy also states:   Any items returned and the problem wasn't our fault you will be charged 15% restocking fee and loss of shipping charges, Paypal also wouldn't consider this in their resolution.

I've tried to relay my concerns on this issue and Paypal only replies with canned memos stating their current guidelines.  I think guidelines are made to be changed and why shouldn't the customer be held responsible for a situation they have caused.  Has anyone else experienced this type of problem, and if you have, how was it resolved.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.